uuid: the unique identification of the device, call this attribute to obtain the unique identification number of the device.
Platform support: Android-2.2+ (support): the same as the imei number of the device. Note: If the device imei cannot be obtained, the mac address of the device wifi is used. If the mac address of the device cannot be obtained, the device identification number is randomly generated to ensure that the values obtained by different apps on the same device are the same. iOS-4.5+ (support): Device identification number randomly generated based on the package name. Note: It will be regenerated after the device is reset.
What are the unique IDs of mobile devices (phones)
In the field of mobile advertising, the device ID is the most important identification used to track a person.
For APP's own products, the use of the unique ID of the device can track the user's entire process data from download to activation, registration, use, loss, and return, which is very helpful for product operations.
For precision advertising and personalized recommendations, device IDs can be used for data collection, and then precision marketing can be carried out with thousands of people.
For connecting with external data, the mobile device ID is a unique ID that can be connected, exchanged, and supplemented with data outside the company, and it is also an ID recognized by everyone in the market.
Since the mobile device ID is so important, let's talk about what IDs we can use:
IMEI is an international mobile equipment identification code, a string of 15 digits. Every GSM mobile phone sold through regular channels has a unique IMEI code. The IMEI code is uniformly planned by the GSMA Association and authorized to distribute by regional organizations, and is generally stored in the SIM card by the operator.
1. Under the IOS system: Unable to obtain the IMEI number after IOS5.0, Apple officially blocked the interface for obtaining the IMEI number, so subsequent versions of Apple devices cannot obtain the IMEI number.
2. Under the Andriod system: Mobile devices that can obtain Andriod allow developers to obtain the IMEI number, but after Andriod 6.0, the user's active authorization is required to obtain it.
Advertising identifiers introduced by Apple and Google for mobile devices
1. Under IOS system: It can be obtained. IDFA can be obtained normally after IOS6.0, but mobile phone users can manually restore and manually prohibit the acquisition (manually turn off advertising tracking, currently closed users account for a relatively small number).
2. Under the Andriod system: Restricted access. In fact, after Android 2.3, Google also introduced IDFA, a unique identifier used to track advertisements. The function is basically the same as Apple's IDFA. However, this IDFA of Google needs to be based on basic apps such as Google Play. In the domestic environment, these basic apps of Google are either inaccessible or directly removed by mobile phone manufacturers. Therefore, IDFA on Android phones is not unique in China. The role of ID.
The unique identification ID of the original Apple device, which is composed of 40 characters.
1. Under IOS system: Can not be obtained. It can be used in the old version of IOS, but after IOS7.0, Apple has disabled this ID, and the new version cannot be obtained.
2. Under the Andriod system: Unable to get the Andriod system without this ID.
MAC refers to the wireless network card address
1. Under IOS system: Unavailable. IOS devices after IOS7.0 cannot get the MAC (to be precise, it will return a fixed value of MAC, which is not unique).
2. Under the Andriod system: Developers who can obtain the APP can actively obtain the MAC address of the current Andriod mobile phone. In addition, if it is connected to the Internet via WIFI or a WIFI AP probe, the MAC address of the current device can also be obtained.
Andriod_ID is a unique ID for Andriod devices. Each new device system will randomly assign an Andriod_ID, which is a 64-bit number. If the device is restored to factory settings and flashed, a new ID will be generated.
IDFV is a unique ID used by Apple devices for a single APP to track users. This IDFV is unique within an APP and is not unique across APPs. Therefore, it can only be used for a single APP to track user behavior.
openUDID is an unofficial API. It can be used under both IOS and Andriod systems. The effect is average. Some companies will also use this ID.
UUID Because the Andriod system ID is really too complicated, some manufacturers will generate UUID in the APP for use according to the UUID generation standard.
Both Apple and Google are paying more and more attention to the protection of user privacy. Therefore, it can be seen that as long as it is related to the unique and unchangeable ID of the device, it will slowly not be recommended by Apple/Google. For example, the MAC address, UDID, etc., are permanently bound to the device. Once leaked Suspected of violating user privacy. Therefore, manufacturers are now beginning to push various advertising IDs, such as IDFA, which can be used to track advertisements and can also be set by users.